Windows play a crucial role in keeping your home warm, boosting its look, and functions, and keeping it protected against unwanted outdoor noise, debris, dust, and more. With the number of options available in the market for new windows, it is normal for anyone to be overwhelmed.
While it is hard to beat the aesthetics of wooden windows, uPVC still stands on the top of the game.
Over time, with so many new inventions and new technology, more and more people are switching towards uPVC windows. But are they really a better choice than traditional and beautifully carved wooden windows?
Well, if you get questions like that in your head, then you have arrived at the right post.
While wooden windows have been in the market and our homes, gone are the days when everybody used to turn their heads for softwood or hardwood. The hardwood is durable and sturdy with great finishing, softwood is an affordable option. However, uPVC windows, nowadays, are a popular choice for homeowners. Thanks to their incredible looks, sturdiness, affordable price, and longer lifespan. so, what’s better: uPVC windows or Wooden Windows?
Let’s unravel the difference between uPVC and wooden windows for your understanding:
– Low Maintenance: Unlike wooden windows, uPVC windows are easy to maintain. There is no need for you to re-paint the window frames or get them treated, just an occasional wipe is enough to keep them squeaky clean.
– Sustainable: While they may seem flexible, they are manufactured using highly sturdy and sustainable materials that extend numerous benefits to the environment. Choosing uPVC over a wooden window reduces your carbon footprint. You wouldn’t want to harm the planet, right?
– Affordable: While uPVC windows are a bit more expensive than wooden ones, they are considered cost-effective. Being easy to maintain and environment-friendly, they have a longer lifespan, making them a brilliant choice for all homes. They last for 20 years!
– Sturdy & Weather Resistant: Unlike wooden windows, as mentioned earlier, uPVC is sturdier and weather resistant. They don’t fade or rot and upon installation, they last for over a decade. No matter if you live in hot or cold conditions, they will offer quality service.
– Rotting: The major and common problem that many run into with wooden windows is rotting and fading. The older the wood becomes, the more susceptible it becomes to rotting. Sure, they can last for a decade, but they can rot and lose their finishing.
– Can’t Stand Extreme Weather: While wooden windows offer an aesthetically pleasant and antique look to your home, they cannot stand weather conditions. They tend to expand and contract whenever there’s a change in the temperature. Moisture affects them badly.
– Termite & Pest Infestation: Termite infestation is one of the biggest fears when it comes to wooden windows. For anyone living in an open or wooded region, it is quite common to get some intruders in your home infesting the solid wood.
Now that you know the difference, we leave it up to you to decide which one is better. If you are looking forward to investing in a sturdy and long-lasting choice, then search for uPVC Windows in Delhi.
For those who wish to invest once and for all, uPVC windows are the best choice however, if you wish for your home to look attractive and traditional, wooden windows are the ideal choice for you.
Whatever you choose, ensure to purchase it from a trusted supplier. We at Matrix Windoors, strive to deliver our customers top-tier products. We believe in extending the finest quality uPVC windows and doors at the best price.
If you are looking forward to purchasing a new one or replacing the existing windows, get in touch with our experts today!